Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Broken Arm, Snow Storm, & My Current Lunch

You know when you have one of those days?! 

The ones where you don't feel like doing a single thing but there are a million and one things on that mental list that never ends that need to be done?!

Yesterday was that day for me.

I started my day with my normal routine of coffee and taking the 3 older kids to school; got back home super quick because the school is only a literal minute up the road, got the toddler some oatmeal and his favorite show turned on {gotta love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse}, and started cleaning and rearranging the kitchen. 

I accomplished my little household duty within about 2 hours of course with some help from the toddler, you know I will miss his little antics one day...well I am kind of in the middle on that really, will I miss them one day?! We will answer yes, for now. 

Anyways, once I got that done I decided that it was time to decide on lunch and dinner, shower, and do all my other mom tasks when the phone range. 

Its never good to get a call from the school mid-day. I at first thought geez, which one of my kids forgot something now, but it actually was the school nurse saying my Kindergartner had fell at recess and they couldn't get him calmed down so I needed to come get him. Of course me being a mom I rush to the school and get in there to see this pale faced little boy with an ice pack and bandages all over, torn jeans, and the shakes. 

My mode takes over.

3 hours later we are faced with this:


Kid has 2 fractures on his right arm; his dominant hand. He was a trooper though through it all, because he has super powers that I lack. 


We go later in the week to get the cast. Wonder how long he will have to have it?! I told my MIL that I think its just kindergarten christening, his older brother did the same thing at his age. 

When we went into the ER the temp outside was in the high 50's low 60's...however when we came out it was this:


A whopping 20 degrees and a snow storm...apparently everyone else knew about this snow storm coming in but me. I mean I saw the clouds but didn't think much because that always happens this time of year, well I was wrong apparently. Today its only been in the low teens and as my mom would say "Its colder than a well diggers butt in Alaska"!  Its a southern thing...

Lastly I want to say that I freaking LOVE this salad. It completely makes my lunchtime amazing. Whats in this salad you ask? Well I will share my little joy with you...
  • Kale & Spinach mix
  • Almonds
  • Cranberries
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Poppyseed Dressing
It is pure happiness in a bowl to me. Doesn't it just look yummy?!



Ahh, this has been my week so far, I thought I would check in and give you the low down...Now its your turn, hows your week been? What are you having for lunch?..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...