Friday, December 26, 2014

Farewell to 2014 & My Top 14 Highlights

Baked Pancakes & Peanut Butter Syrup {Chocolate Chips/Marshmallows added by me}
This morning my house woke up to snow; just enough to give everything that glittery sparkle and put a big chill in the air. Jim went snowboarding with a friend so that left me and the little people to our own devices. While they played with their new toys from Christmas I decided to whip up some Baked Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup and Marshmallows for them for breakfast...as I was cooking I made my regular cup of coffee and starred out the window, watching the wind gust snow all over the place, knowing it is frigid out and being so happy to be indoors with a warm fire glowing and the pitter patter of little feet and giggles echoing through the house.



2014 was not my favorite year by far; a lot happened that I would rather forget like just not there friendships, lost sleep from a waking toddler, and the summer; however, a lot happened that I am so happy to have been a part of and blessed through also, like starting a business, awesome date nights, and Sunday mornings. Had the bad not happened I am not sure the good would have either, its bittersweet. 


So, in closing here are my Top 14 Highlights from 2014...
  • My husband decided to take a leap of faith and start a business; while very demanding its very rewarding at times when everything has a balance
  • My Mom came to visit for 3 whole weeks which completely made my heart happy
  • Trying new restaurants; a huge perk of living in a city is all the amazing food
  • Learning that I can stick to a pretty tight budget 
  • Realizing more of who I really am, and letting go of what people say about or think about me
  • Date nights, its always a much needed part of marriage
  • Going back to church and realizing how much I really missed it
  • Learning what is really important to me in life
  • Taking time for bubble baths, its important to take care of yourself too
  • Learning to pick my battles as a wife and mom
  • My daughter getting selected for a merged 4th/5th grade accelerated class in school this year
  • My third baby going off to Kindergarten
  • Not following the crowd when it comes to my blog
  • Shooting a gun for the first time and loving it 
I can say that I am most happy that I made it through another year, crossed some big hurdles, and learned some good wisdom; I am thankful that my family is safe, healthy, and most of all happy; and I am proudest that we chose to let God back into our lives for the better. I am not sure how the year treated you but you have a whole new one to make the best of come January 1st; so don't back down now, instead celebrate the coming new year and enjoy the last bits of the year with family and friends. I look forward to seeing all the new changes in the coming year in my own life, the lives of family and friends, and around the blogosphere


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...