Tuesday, December 02, 2014

My November 2014 Favorites:




Oops, I am 2 days late for the party, at least I showed, that counts right?! November flew by like a crazy storm for me; I feel like at first Thanksgiving was X amount of days away and then it was all over me along with the kids who were out of school for a whole week...yep, lets just say I did all I could to keep it together for myself. 

This past month I used some old favorites and just a few new to me things that I actually ended up really liking. 

//Revlon Color Stay Whipped Foundation in Nude// this was raved about countless times in the world of YouTube but I never really wanted to try it out until the colder weather slid in and I realized I wanted a more covering foundation that wasn't too heavy; to be honest this sits no different on my face than a BB Cream would considering I use the tiniest amount to do my whole face. I really like it and think its perfect for this time of year. 

//Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Transparent// this one is an old favorite of mine; I have always loved translucent powders but some are really white and make you look ghostly while this one blends into the skin really well and never leaves that white ghostly look around; not to mention its super cheap and easy to find here in the US. 

//Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow// this has been a favorite of mine since it released, I think this is one of the best highlighters on the market honestly, there is no reason to spend over $10 for something fancy that does the same exact thing. I used this almost daily this past month...

//Revlon Powder Blush in Haute Pink// I love a good bright blush, mainly because you can go seriously "Pow my cheeks are there" or just give yourself that "wind kissed winter look" easily...this blush does double duty, I love wearing it this time of year. 

//L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Lacquer Intense Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black// I have this love hate relationship with eyeliner; mainly because it wasn't until currently that I figured it completely out and decided what I really liked on myself. I like gel eyeliner because they are really easy to use and they are buildable if need be. Recently I came across a post over at Maskcara about using a gel eyeliner in the method of stamping and think its amazing when done right. 

//No7 Color Calming Primer// I have used this before and honestly went on to try other things out...well I decided I liked this one from the drugstore the best; my face is always red and I like to use something that will help calm that down some, while this doesn't totally take it away it helps by leaps and bounds. 

//Sonia Kashuk Deluxe Travel Brush Set in White{its now Black}// I purchased this a few years ago in the white version, I loved it then and love it now. I currently only use the brushes at home as I don't travel much these days, but I had purchased this when the Main Squeeze and I were going away for our Anniversary, I really like these tiny brushes. I have used the have used the #2 brush which is for foundation for my highlight brush and used the #6 brush which is for eyeliner for its sole purpose, it works well with gel liner I mentioned above. Fantastic little kit for your purse or for traveling also.

//Almay Color+Care Liquid Lip Balm in #100 Just Plum Good// this is an amazing lip gloss for this time of year, its a really pretty berry shade that doesn't stain your lips, its very nourishing and it doesn't have that odd taste or gunky feeling. These are under $5 at most retailers. 

//Aveeno Active Essentials Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 30// I really like this face moisturizer, I like to mix my primer in with it and kill two birds with one stone. My face seems to calm down some with using this and its not really greasy like some others out there, not to mention it smells really good too.

//Burt's Bees Richly Replenishing Body Lotion for Dry Skin wiht Cocoa & Cupuacu Butters// With the weather getting really cold where we live having dry skin this time of year is just the norm. I really love Burt's Bees products and this one is amazing. I love to use this lotion after I shower as it sinks into the skin really well without that greasy feeling. The scent is not over powering either, so even the sensitive nose can use it. 

//L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin for Color Treated Hair with UV Filter & Extra Strong Hold// this time of year its windy where we live hence the dry skin and the crazy frizzy hair. I like to use this hairspray because it holds well and has a decent scent and when I brush my hair after applying it the spray just disappears. Its really good hair spray!

//Bobs Sweet Stripes// these mints are awesome, I know you can purchase a whole tub of these at Wal-Mart for around $6...I love these mints, they are a weakness around here. 

//Small Talk by Amy Julia Becker: Learning from my children about what matters most// this book was amazing, I reviewed it HERE on my blog! Hands down a great book for moms, any mom...

//The New Braiding Handbook by Abby Smith// for the braid lovers this is an amazing book, I stumbled across her YouTube channel and its amazing as well. She is awesome at hair! You need to check this book out, its a good book to keep on your vanity for those days you have no idea what to do with your bed head because it includes step by step photos of how to achieve the look!

//Stash Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea with Matcha & Good Earth Mango Me Crazy White Tea// I like to make these ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, so for a 2Q container I boil 4 cups of water and steep 8 tea bags for about 10 minutes, then add to my container with 4 cups cold water and put in the fridge. When I want to drink it I add 3 parts tea to 1 part lemonade and stir...you can add a liquid sweetener if you want but its good without it too, whichever you like. I tend to switch between these two teas every few days. 


There you have my November favorites...I am trying to give some oldies some love and catch up on my reading and of course all the Christmas shows; I love this time of year!

What have you been loving this past month? 

2 comments:

  1. I love all the christmas shows.

    Kate Spade handbag giveaway on the blog, come check it out.

    xx, jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas shows have came a long way the past twenty years, and I love them, but I wish they would show more of what I grew up watching(:

      Delete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...