Thursday, December 04, 2014

Starbucks Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows Review:



This time of year with the cold weather and snow I usually grab some coffee or in this case Hot Cocoa for myself as a treat for nap-time; you know when the little people are all sleeping and I can catch up on my shows...Today I chose to go with the Starbucks Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows because I personally am a huge fan of Starbucks, its one of my favorite little stops for me and the Main Squeeze on date night or on our way in from a road trip but I have never tried their hot chocolate before. My local store had 4 versions to choose from, all in really nice simplistic packages, thing is they were all on the top shelf which actually surprised me that is wasn't eye level because you would think if people could see it, they would be more likely to snag it up over another brand. 


In the above photo you can see the actual cocoa mix, its a powder with sugars and marshmallows, I think in the first packet I got about 6 mini marshmallows. The second photo shows that indeed the mix dissolves quite well, and the last photo of course is in the cup with Ready Whip and Sugar for photo purposes. Within the box you get (8) 1 oz packages of mix, which is pretty standard of hot cocoa. Preparation for this cocoa is typical of most other brands, the only thing that stuck out to me with this one is that it said to mix with 8oz of hot milk unlike other brands that say water or water/milk; personally I think the milk gives it a better flavor and a thicker consistency. The flavor of this cocoa is really interesting, most hot cocoas taste like milk chocolate this one however is more like real cocoa, it has a bit of a bitter taste so just be prepared that its not like some other well known brands. 

Overall this has a authentic real cocoa flavor which I think you have to have an acquired taste for because most people are used to artificial flavors and milk chocolate which this is not. I really liked this cocoa mix and I think its really decently priced at about 67 cent a packet whereas most Starbucks stores sale a cup of hot chocolate for around $2.30 for a tall (small). 

*Note: these are available in store at Target and Wal-Mart

Have you tried these hot cocoa mixes before? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...