Monday, January 05, 2015

I Can Learn The Bible: 52 Scriptures Every Kid Should Know By: Holly Hawkins Shivers


If you're looking for a easy to follow, beautifully illustrated, all laid out devotional for your children, this book is for you. I Can Learn The Bible is a 52 week scripture lesson for children 2-8 years old, it contains amazing pictures and well laid out little study for children. Each chapter has 4 parts that explain the verse at hand to children in a very easy to understand way. The book comes in hardcover with glossy pages, the front and back covers are also very nicely illustrated to draw your attention. The book is adapted from O.S. Hawkin's The Joshua Code for kids...This book would make a great gift for any child ranging in age from 2-10 in my opinion; my daughter who is 9 really likes this book because it explains things on a childs level while keeping it interesting for an older child. What I have personally been doing is using this book on Sundays to teach my kids a verse and all about it, then having them continue to learn the verse over the week and whomever can tell me the verse on Saturday gets a treat for remembering the verse. I highly recommend this book to any parent of smaller children who wants to teach God's word in a way for them to really understand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...