Monday, March 02, 2015

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder & Foundation Review:

Products Purchased By Me for Personal Use!

In the drugstores, L'Oreal has to be my favorite cosmetic brand; I love the Infallible line SO much, and over the weekend I decided it was time to try out the new Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation & Powder. 

Lets start with the foundation...

Like most of you, I don't have high expectations when it comes to drugstore foundations; however I do have some when it comes to the Infallible line by L'Oreal. They have great eyeshadows, mascara, and liners...and well, I had some high hopes here. Claims to be: air-light, longwearing, goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours

Pros:
  • comes in a squeeze tube, so your product isn't open to air
  • the packaging is really nice and thin so makes it easier for travel
  • the product itself is somewhat of a mousse consistency, its thicker than I expected it to be
  • lightweight formula
  • sinks into the skin really well, it works best when used with a damp sponge ie: beauty blender 

Cons:
  • Product Amount/Price ratio is a bit high; you only get 1.0 fluid ounces and it costs between $12-$15 depending on where you purchase
  • Conflicting name; I personally thought with the name Pro-Matte that the product was going to be full matte, however its demi matte instead which is more of a satin finish 
  • Claims to be medium coverage and I found it to be more of a light coverage that is buildable but its not full on medium coverage like it claims
  • Longwearing?! about 4 hours...I have oily skin and when I hit the 4 hour mark the area around my nose was very oily and my forehead was oily but bearable; so the whole up to 24 hr claim has me a bit confused
  • Shade Range, there are 11 shades however, they all lean a bit dark. I purchased the shade 101 Classic Ivory and it works fine for me but I am honestly light to medium skin, if your fair I would not purchase this product...
Onto the Powder:

To me powder is powder; I typically purchase a translucent one because I can wear it with any foundation and it not be too much. I purchased this one in shade 100 Porcelain, and I really like it. I think it works really well, and isn't chalky like some. There are only 8 shades in the powder, however I would have liked to see a translucent and a shade for every foundation they provide. It claims 16hr wear, I think that's a bit much as well considering I used it over my foundation and the oils still came through really bad; it did apply over the oily spots on my face pretty well without making cake face.

OVERALL RATING: 3 on foundation; 4 on powder

I do like the foundation, and I will wear it, I do think its more like a BB cream though and so I will get most use out of it during the summer. The powder I would have gave a 5 but the fact there was no translucent shade is a big deal for some and I'm in that group. 

Its worth a shot if you have normal/somewhat oily skin; me having really oily skin this is just not my favorite of the bunch I own. You can purchase these items at mass drugstores and retailers, prices will vary.

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...