Tuesday, May 26, 2015

3 DIY Kid Games


My kids love games, they must get that from me; they also love being outside, which they get from their daddy. While we are home this Summer, I decided to not always have something planned, giving them the ability to use their imaginations to invent ways to occupy themselves; but I also love the idea of homemade games that require little work from me; here are 3 very fun kids games that can be played either indoors or outdoors depending on your weather and preference. 

Growing Play: Jug Catchers
Jug Catchers: All you need to do here is save some milk jugs, grab some cool duck tape, and a light weight ball. I like this idea because it can be played indoors or outdoors depending on weather, which is good where we live because we are currently in a rainy season. Most of us already have all the items on hand too!

Get Creative Juice: Bean Bag Toss
Bean Bag Toss: You can grab these neat bowls at your local dollar store; what I like about this game is you can change it up from numbers which teach math, to geography, the alphabet, colors, etc...so many options; you can even use a light weight ball instead of bean bags too.

All For The Boys: Target Practice
Target Practice: My kids love water guns, they are a Summer favorite. You can have your kids shoot ping pong balls off golf tees all around your yard. I like this idea too because you don't have to put the pegs into wood, just use your good ole dirt, you can even use beach balls instead of the ping pong balls for smaller kids, or use various sized light weight balls for kids altogether. Such a neat and fun idea. I cannot wait to try these out with my own kids this Summer! 

What is on your activity list for your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...