Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book Review | What Keeps You Up At Night? {Pete Wilson}


What Keeps You Up At Night by Pete Wilson; this book is a fantastic book for anyone who has trouble sleeping due to their mind never being relaxed from all the busyness of the day to what is to come tomorrow, next week, month, year, etc. As a mom, I find when I go to bed at night my mind is full of lists, appointments, dinner, activities, chores, etc that I either didn’t get complete or that I have coming up; I never get a moment for my mind to breathe so to speak. What I like about this book is that it’s a very useful teaching tool for us; it walks you through from fear to that moment you realize worrying is not going to do anything for you.

The book comes in four formats; I am reviewing the Paperback edition; The cover of the book is very eye catching, it has 12 chapters ranging from 8-20 pages each, the font is what I would call a normal size and easy to read. I like that each chapter has clouds to make them stand out within the book so they are easy to locate for reference as well as a quote. At the end of each chapter the author has put together Key Ideas, Reflection Questions, and a Your Next Step section to help further your understanding of what was being said. The Chapters are as follows:

| Steps in the Darkness
| Expect Conflict
| Hang On to What Lasts
| Embrace Uncertainty
| Learn to Wait
| Give Up Your Container
| Endure the Dip
| Recalibrate
| Lean into Transition
| Live for the Adventure
| Anticipate Confirmation
| Pass It On

Overall, I really liked this book. I think it would be very beneficial for a small group study as well as personal growth. I don’t think it will immediately help you to sleep but it will further your knowledge faith wise as to why you’re having trouble sleeping so that maybe you can reassess your issues and hopefully be able to fix them.  Highly Recommend



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...