Wednesday, June 03, 2015

// I Confess, I'm NOT a Morning Person //


 I confess, I'm NOT a morning person.

I don't like the howling of my alarm, or three.

I don't like having to use any bit of energy I do have at 5am to push the off button on my phone.

I don't like moving and hitting a cold spot in the bed when I am all warm and toasty.

I don't like waking up to darkness.

I don't like getting up and stepping on a life below zero floor so early.

I don't like waiting on the water to warm up to the temperature of hell so I can get in the shower.

I don't like having to flush the toilet knowing that once I do its going to wake up my dog eared boys, they hear sounds for miles that I can't.

I don't like having to hear my deep sleeping, snoring husband getting that extra 2 hours before he has to wake up sleep; pure envy.

I don't like knowing my morning starts at 5am when I don't even go to bed until midnight. Insert another confession, I'm a pure Night Owl.

But.

I do love knowing I get up before everyone else.

I do love watching the sunrise.

I do love having that first sip of coffee rush through my body to warm me up and grant me with a few extra spurts of energy.

I do love sifting through my stuff: e-mails, blogs, flipboard, etc. while everyone else is sleeping.

I do love hearing nature wake up.

I do love the pitter patter of little feet running down the hallway.

I do love morning kisses and hugs from the little humans.

I do love snuggling under a blanket with my teeny human while he asks "You fix me some eat?"

I do love laughing at my husband when he realizes I've tried to wake him up a million times and he is still late leaving for work.

I do love actually getting a hug goodbye before he starts his busy day instead of him just squishing me over yelling bye instead.

I do love how my mornings go, but I'm still NOT a morning person!

Hump Day Confessions via Melissa @ Making Melissa

#HASHTAGHUMPDAY via Laura @ Life With Lolo

I'm linking up with Melissa over at Making Melissa; & Laura over at Life With Lolo for all your hump day confession needs! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. It's a balance. :)

    A love/hate relationship

    I completely agree with everything above. As I am an early riser who rather be in bed, but loves watching the sun rise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to pride myself on being a morning person but it is getting harder and harder. It is so dang difficult to pry myself out of bed in the morning these days!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...