Tuesday, August 11, 2015

All Good Things Must Come to an End...


Dear Summer,

                  Oh how I have loved you; I have have loved you every single second since you decided to peek your sweet face out from behind Spring now what seems so long ago; and now, now I only have 8 more days with you; 8 more days to enjoy the "fun" stuff you bring each and every year.

I want you to know my dear friend that I am so very grateful for you and all that you have brought, even on those days where I didn't really show it much. I am so thankful for the endless pitter patter of feet at 6:00 AM, the warmth of coffee on a cool morning, the smell of pancakes and the laughter full of excitement from the little humans who will consume them all within a whole 5 seconds, the drippy popsicles, the funny dances, camping, hiking, parks, and time with extended family. I want to thank you for the crazy amount of marshmallows that got roasted, the beauty of fire in the fire pit, the coolness of grass under bare feet, the smell you bring after it rains, and the continuous amount of happiness and laughter that has filled my home since you appeared. 

Most of all my dear dear friend I want to thank you for endless amount of time you allowed for my family to recoup from the last school year, the mornings spent cuddled on the couch watching cartoons, the amazing amount of Disney movies on Netflix, the ease of making hotdogs that will please every little tummy in the house, all the talks and stories we have shared, and the joy and happiness that I got to witness with my sweet babies over what seemed like a long time but in reality was not.

Goodbyes are always hard, especially when you know it will be a whole year before we meet again; while I am happy to have had this amazing time with my family and I am ever so sad to see you go. I know you'll be back, and I know that Fall is coming soon, I even know that all the "fun" stuff won't really go away, however, we are adding in a new school year and well, honestly I am just not ready for it. As a mom, I am just not ready to let them get bigger, let them get older, let them grow up just yet...I want them to stay little and listen to their sweet voices full of happiness and no worry. I am not ready for that first day of school in 8 days; the clothes wars, the million questions game, the class parties, the school obligations, the running to and fro...I just want to hold on a little longer to the simplicity that you bring. I know its not possible, I know with each season brings new change, I know that I have to wear my big girl pants and not throw a fit...I know.

So, with this said my friend, I want you to know that I am thankful for every single millisecond we have spent with you, mainly that I have spent with you; I have more memories than I know what to do with all because you appeared for just a few short months. Until we meet again my friend, know that you are dearly loved and will be truly missed...see you again in a whole 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...