Friday, September 25, 2015

Slow Down | From One Mom to Another


Today felt like Fall, the weather had decided to only be in the mid 70s but we had a nice breeze which allowed the windows to be open; the air smelled and felt so nice...I had my coffee and after breakfast you played outside with your best fur friend, the two of you together sometimes just makes me wonder what kind of secrets you have

You ran from place to place, playing fetch, and building with rocks, you even drew a few things with some chalk and had me come see your most famous pieces of art...

You asked for millions of snacks and drinks throughout the day because while you do eat breakfast and dinner, lunch is the hardest meal to get you to eat, your just too busy

You watched Sprout with me for a whole millisecond before you had something else on your to-do list to accomplish; you then decided that watching truck videos on my phone was the way to go and killed my battery by half for the day, but that's ok because I didn't need it anyways

You finally wanted to read some books so you carried me your most favorite treasured book in the universe, A Cheese & Tomato Spider by Nick Sharratt; this one makes us both laugh, and I am not sure if your laughing at the pictures or me laughing but that's ok; this book is old, at one point had dried gum stuck on the front because someone decide to use gum as clay and make book art for mom to find one summer day in her car...your Nanah sent you this book a very long time ago, I think before you were even a thought in my mind; I'm glad she did, its given us many a laugh

Naptime came and you told me it was time to lay down, you ran up to me and said "You tuck me in?"...of course I will, I always do, its our thing; You hop on into your tiny tot bed, I cover you up with your cars blanket and you grab the corner of your pillow to gently wipe your fingers with so you can relax and drift off to dreamland; I walk out and quietly shut the door behind me; off to hopefully have a power nap before we have to run to get your sibs at school. 

When naptime is over, you promptly ask for a snack of some sort, usually ice cream, or possibly some goldfish, maybe crackers...you grab your power meal and juice and head over to the couch to sit with me and watch something on Sprout before we have to leave; you sit extra close as to not let me leave you during this time...

Then its time to leave, you jump up in the car and plop in your carseat, you ask to listen to music so I turn on Caillou's Summertime Jams; while this is playing though you still have a million and one questions you need to ask me while we sit and wait on the sibs for a whole 20 minutes, so of course I turn it down to answer your questions and hopefully occupy you with a game of I Spy...sometimes it works, other times you tell me that you forgot how to play and go back to interrogating me about life's most precious things like: why is there a bug on the window, is it going to rain, whose dog is that, what am I eating, where is your dad, what color is our car, what does blank do, do dogs wear shoes, why cant you fly and so on the interrogation goes until the sibs arrive and occupy you with what they got from the prize box at school...

All of this in our day, just to start over again tomorrow...I am sure by then you will have more secrets to tell your fur friend, another masterpiece to draw, more gas in your tank so you finger food eat rather than have a meal at lunch, more giggles to let out over your favorite book, want me to "tuck you in" for another nap, want to have just one more snack after your nap, and of course interrogate me again on life's most precious things...but that will all be ok, because I took the time to slow down and be your mom for one more day...

"always take the time to slow down and be mom, you will never get those times back and one day you will miss them..." {from one mom to another}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...