Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Welcome to Pumpkin Season | Mom Humor


Today is the first day of Fall/Autumn/Pumpkin Season you guys! AHHH! I'm overly excited and its not because of the highly anticipated pumpkin spice latte {I don't like pumpkin spice lattes} yea that's fine I will sit with the unpopular crowd and have a vanilla bean frappuccino instead. 

Let's be honest here though, and talk about why I'm really excited for Pumpkin Season...

Endless Coffee | we run on coffee but when it gets cold it becomes drinkable all.day.long. eek! We get all hyped on coffee and can get stuff done.

Cooler Weather | while I love leaving my windows open I get more excited with the ability to send my little humans outside to play and don't have to listen to the gripe about it being too hot or cold. Not to mention my power bill goes down for a whole 2 months which means I can fund the endless coffee. 

Baking | I never said from scratch, girl, I am talking about boxed brownies and pre-cubed cookies in a million flavors and I can bake it and eat it in a whole hour; let me just sneak into the bathtub and pretend I am seeking the one who is hiding...

Crock Pot Meals | Pshh, this just means lots of one dish dinners that I don't have to think about all the time, kinda like a "set it and forget it" thing; not to mention I don't even have to spend an hour looking for that tupperware lid that kid ran off with last year to store it in the fridge because mine stores food!

Halloween | yep, moms favorite because well lets be honest my kids don't need all that chocolate, it will ruin their pearly whites but mine are completely immune to that mess so I will eat.it.all. For the sake of the kids. And did I mention the 13 days of Halloween! Sold. 

Reading | because sometimes I need an escape from reality.

Playdates | I need Christmas ideas and what better place to get it than to hear what someone else is getting their little humans?! Keeps me in the know. 

Thanksgiving | Because all I have to cook is that one side dish in my crock pot and I can eat endlessly for the next month for free.

15 minute Beauty Routine | yep mascara, red/berry lip, and some kind of bun become my signature look for the Fall...

Sleeping In | my kids get a whole week off school at Thanksgiving, that means I get at least another hour of sleep; plus I don't have to deal with car pools, drop off/pick up lines, or see everyone else's crazy; I mean I have to deal with my own but that's doable thanks to the coffee and chocolate that I have saved since Halloween.

Now go on and get your pumpkin spice latte and we can talk about how to hide all the Halloween chocolate at our next playdate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...