Friday, January 15, 2016

True Things That Make Me Happy



Happiness is a choice, I am firm believer in that; you can take happiness out of every situation in life and choose to learn from things and not let them get you down. The purest happiness in life are the simple things, things we take for granted each and every day, things that someone else may not have or get to experience...Here are a few things that make me happiest in my life.

my kids | they are my life, my whole world...they made me a mother, they gave me a new journey, and watching them grow has meant more to me than anything. While they push my buttons and we have moments that I wish I could do without each day, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

my husband | he is my other half, the love of my life, getting to have another day in this life with him is pure bliss. He knows my darkest secrets, my hopes, my dreams, he knows more about me than I think I know about myself.

coffee or white hot chocolate | there is no greater thing on a cold morning or frigid day than a warm drink.

a good movie | I have a thing for dark age movies, I love lord of the rings, the hobbit, king Arthur...nothing beats curling up in a warm blanket, watching it snow, and marathon.

music | it feeds my soul; each song is a story, and I love listening to it...

magazines | I love reading, but I am a reader of magazines over books any day. Good Housekeeping, Martha Stewart, US Weekly...keeps me up to date without technology.

a warm sweater | nothing beats the cold like a warm sweater, I mean chunky sweaters no thin stuff here. Sweaters scream winter to me, and I love wearing them leggings.

nature | nature is one of the reasons I love CO...the outdoors is just so amazing to me...each season has its own beauty. I love sitting in my living room and seeing squirrels and birds outside or taking a drive and seeing bison, elk, or deer...we've even seen prairie dogs.

photography | I love photography, seeing what people choose to capture in a instant has always fascinated me. Pictures tell so many stories of someones life.

museums | museums are so neat, I love taking the kids and walking around and reading the little plaques in front of a display; seeing different times right before your eyes. I would love to go to some art museums on a date one day, I've never been to one before.

handwritten notes | I still have little notes Jim has written me, letters from my mom from my childhood, little notes from my kids...I love a good handwritten note; these days everything is so easy with technology, it takes time and effort for something handwritten, they mean the most to me.

my wedding ring | mine is my moms, my parents did new rings on one of their big anniversaries so when I got married my mom passed on her original ring to me; its one of my most cherished pieces of jewelry.

a good cheeseburger | there is nothing better than a good cheeseburger; it seems almost every time we eat out that is my go to, If the burger isn't good its not worth going back to. Plus food brings people together at their happiest moments.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be...|Abraham Lincoln|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...