Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Preschoolers Noggin App | Review


TV today has come a long way from what I watched as a child; honestly I am only almost 28 and so it hasn't been that long since I watched little kid shows myself. When I was a kid, in elementary school, my favorite shows came on Nick Jr or Nickelodeon. However, for some reason today, Dora The Explorer is constantly on and while some kids love that show my preschooler does not, plus he is a boy so...

This past Christmas my kids were lucky enough to get a tablet each their own; while my older three can navigate Netflix fine without my help because they can all read and know what they can and cannot watch, my preschooler cannot. It got me thinking and ultimately browsing away at the Play Store for something for him. I came across the Noggin App

The Noggin App is an app geared completely towards preschoolers; it has all the "old" shows that many kids loved back then and still love now. Here is a complete list of the shows included within the app at the time of this post: Go Diego Go, The Backyardigans, Franklin, Oobi, Jack's Big Music Show, Little Bear, Pocoyo, Blue's Clue's, Blue's Room, Sunny Patch Friends, Ni Hao Kai-lan, Robot & Monster, Oswald, Allegra's Window, Gullah Gullah Island, The Upside Down Show, and Franklin & Friends. You can try this app out for 7 days for free, then you have the option to cancel or subscribe to a monthly plan which is $5.99 a month.

What I like about this app is that there are no commercials, no searching, no ads, nothing that your kid can possibly mess up. Its brightly colored, holds attention, and is very easy to use for a preschooler. When you click the show you want it takes you to another screen which has a ton of different episodes of the show, you click what you want to watch and your good. It has little arrows to guide your kid forward and back. The only downside of this app for me is that you must have wifi to use it, so that means no using it in the car, stores, etc; I feel like if I pay monthly for it, I should be able to use it wherever I want to. 

Overall, I think this is a fantastic app for a preschooler; completely worth the price tag in my opinion. It is a available on Google Play, The Appstore, and Amazon. 

Please note that my review is based off the use of the app on a tablet, I have not tried this app on my cell phone so I am unaware if it will work as well, or work without wifi on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...