Friday, February 26, 2016

Treat Yourself | The Things I Do For Me


Being a wife and mom can sometimes be overwhelming; I tend to do things for everyone around me all the time and leave myself a bit stranded. However, now that I understand a bit more about balance and managing my priorities, I have time to treat myself a little more these days. Today. I want to share with you the things that I do for myself; mainly small but have a big impact for me.

Coffee | I buy my favorites and make sure to have a cup while I get ready in the mornings; everyone else is usually asleep still so I can sip away and apply my eyeshadow without interruption.

Makeup, Hair, & Clothing | Not only do I get myself six days out of the week but, I have decided that once a month I will buy a few things that I've had my eye on; usually this is from Target because, well, who doesn't love Target?! I can get lost on the clearance sections, and I love hitting up my local Goodwill because I can find things for cheap that still look nice. Its that one thing that keeps me feeling fresh and up to date.

Journaling | I have been keeping a little book that I each day I write down one things from that day that I am thankful for, whether it be weather or something my kids said, I like to write it down and look back at it later.

Music & Podcasts | I love music; there is just something about it that soothes my soul. I think music can change your mood in the snap of your fingers; I listen to music anytime I'm in the car and on nights I don't want to watch tv. I love listening to podcasts too, I can start them and continue working at my job and learn something new too. When I can, I will buy and album that I really love so that way I can listen to it forever...I've played Adele's 25 more than I'd like to admit.

Jewelry | I have an obsession with earrings. I LOVE them. I typically don't wear any other jewelry than my wedding ring, watch, and earrings. I love love love earrings. I like finding neat ones at Target and usually luck up with them being on clearance. Kohl's has some really nice ones too.

Magazines | I find free ones online all the time; but I love reading magazines, I love to scope through them and see all the new trends, recipes, and drugstore finds. I like to curl up on the couch and just spend my night with apple cider, music, and magazines when Jim works late.

Talking to my Mom | there's nothing like talking to my mom; she is the most blunt free speaking person I know. If I need a good laugh I can count on her. Not to mention it keeps our relationship strong since we live so far apart.

Work | while this is to each his own, I find that its nice to get out of my house everyday for six hours and interact with people whether it be because I am invoicing new customers, helping someone over the phone, or ordering parts and whatnot its nice to have that. Its amazing to talk to other adults about adult things sometimes.

While these are all just simple things they help me feel better about myself and feel like I still am a woman regardless of my endless other titles during the day...

What do you do for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...