Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Embracing Age


"Age, it's not going away so you may as well slap it in the face." -Glamorous Granny

I get asked a lot about my age; sometimes it's because my babies get noticed, others because I am buying alcohol, and then there are times when people just really want to know because I don't seem to look my age. You guys, I am almost 30, I apparently look like I am in my early twenties. My height does not help me out either. The shocking look people give just amazes me.

I have never been one to hide my age, I freely discuss my age, I don't find it rude to be asked about it, I am proud to say that I almost 30; I have worked my butt off to get to this age, I have so far walked this journey of life without much struggle and I feel like my age is somewhat of an accomplishment. I finished school, got married, became a mother, bought a home, bought a car, started a business, moved across the country, and I am sure many more things all within my short life. Truthfully, I find it odd that people are so embarrassed or ashamed of their age, why not embrace it, share the story of your life, the good and the bad, you worked to become who you are today.

I always hear women complain about their sun spots, wrinkles, weight, hair, height, skin color, hair color, all down to wearing glasses; to me, age is not something to fear, its a new part of life that you have made it too.

I am happy to be almost 30, I am grateful that I have had the life I have had, known the people I know, had all the happy and sad moments, know what I like and don't like, have bigger goals, and even bigger dreams, learned a lot of lessons, even shared some, but most of all I am happy with the person that I am today; I am a wiser person who is still learning the ways of the wise....


How have you changed over the years? Do you embrace your age? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...