Friday, May 13, 2016

Spring & Summer 2016 | Makeup Choices


Spring & Summer are my favorite seasons for makeup; I think that its because all of the pretty, light, pinky shades come out and it just makes my heart happy. I love to switch up my products for something lighter in the warmer months; less is always more. Here is what I use

Instead of using a full on foundation, I like to use a BB Cream, my top pick is the Maybelline Pure BB Cream in Light, its really light weight and is just enough coverage for me; I like to mix in a little drop of the Revlon Skin-lights in Bare to add a little bit of a dewy look; I find the bare mixes with the BB Cream really nicely. For concealer if I need one, I always reach for the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in the Neutralizer shade, its perfect. For a powder, I opt for a loose over a compact and have really loved the L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte in Translucent since day one, I believe you can only find it at Wal-Mart these days and its a good price at under ten dollars. For my eyes, I have been using the Maybelline Master Primer Eyeshadow Base in Prime + Illuminate, honestly this stuff is pretty on its own but it works well under satin or shimmery eyeshadows; Lately, all I have reached for is my Covergirl TruNaked eyeshadow palette in Roses, I cannot express to you how pretty this palette is, if you have not tried it I highly suggest you do, its gorgeous, especially for the Spring and Summer. When it comes to eye liner I am pretty picky, I have to be really cautious because I wear contacts and cannot afford a lot of flaking, I have been reaching for the Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner in Spiced Chocolate, I find its not as harsh as black and sits pretty withe eyeshadow I use. Mascara, hands down my favorite drugstore mascara is Covergirl The Super Sizer, its a wet but not super wet consistency and it gets into the lashes without clumping them up while adding some great volume. I had heard a lot about the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light Bronzer and even second guessed buying it, however, I am SO glad that I did; you guys, it smells like the beach, coconuts and tanning lotion, OMG!...not to mention the really pretty bronzed look it gives, its not orange at all. Up next, we have some blush and highlight, I love love love the Covergirl TruBlend Blush in Light Rose, its the perfect amount of blush and highlight in one; for the brows, we cannot leave those out; for a put together look I like to use the Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Define & Fill Duo in Soft Brown topped by the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Translucent, this is the perfect combo for me, my eyebrows look natural and full while not looking fake; and lastly we have the lips, I was watching some reviews recently and found someone talking about the Covergirl Outlast All Day Lip Colors and I picked up a few, the one I have been really loving is the shade My Papaya, its a really pretty pink with a gold sheen and looks amazing, the only thing I switch up is that I top it with some Vaseline rather than the top coat for some added moisture. 

There you have it loves, my go to Spring & Summer 2016 Makeup Choices; some new products some older but I think its a good mix of both...

*all of these products are available at mass retailers, pricing may vary; I am not affiliated with any brands or companies, all products mentioned were purchased by me and are part of my collection.

How have you switched up your makeup for Spring & Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...