Wednesday, August 10, 2016

How I Know I'm Getting Old(er)


I get asked all the time about my age; I typically get that odd look of "no way" when I say that I am a whole 28 years old, people just can't believe that I am "that old". To me, I don't look super young, I look my age, but to others I don't. That is completely fine with me, I don't mind looking younger, but, I do wish my body and mind felt younger sometimes too.

Here's how I know I'm getting old(er)...

My body hurts, strenuous work does not equal happiness around here. I walk around a store and my feet hurt, if I sleep wrong I can feel it, and somehow bruises just jump onto my skin out of nowhere from that evil jumping coffee table...

I have need for a bedtime between 9-10PM sometimes earlier. I feel like I can never get enough sleep these days. My pillow is my BFF!

I live in leggings; no they are not classified as the most fancy pants around, but, I am a mom and I don't care if you judge me for wearing them; at least I can still remember to put on bottoms these days...

I get annoyed at loud music; I cannot for the life of me stand driving or stopping at a stoplight and hearing other peoples radio, or seeing the whole car vibrate, its the most annoying thing ever. I always question their hearing.

I get annoyed at the clothing selection they have for kids and adults these days; why do we need to see all of the goodies all of the time?! I'm wondering if the stores have had to cut back on costs and so they now have fabric rations...

Hot flashes and mood swings, they do exist before menopause...they suck; thank you raging hormones!

Rogue hairs anyone?! Men don't even know what it takes for a woman to gather herself these days...no we aren't always shaving or applying makeup, sometimes we take that extra thirty minutes to make sure we don't have a prickler going on before a date night...you'd hate to be a one a date and the light catch your face at that odd angle and hello black man beard hair throws off the conversation...

Anxiety, yes its a real thing that a lot of people suffer from...

I read more; not just magazines guys, actual books...I'm in the middle of a great book (more on that later) and browse the e-book section often for new reads. 

I got a subscription to a newspaper, and not just any newspaper, the wall street journal to be exact; and I read it. 

I clean when I am bored. I actually cleaned my entire closet and bedroom over the weekend because of boredom... and I toss things out. 

I cannot stand talking on the phone; I'd rather e-mail or text. I also eye roll a lot when I overhear other peoples conversations while out and about...

I give no "Fs" about petty things these days...I'm more into growing my savings account and figuring out where I want to go ore what I want to do when I retire than anything else...life just happens and you either learn to live with it or you don't...

It doesn't take much to make me all sappy...I love a good love story, a happy ending, and hate that my kids are growing up...

I cannot remember anything; I am always needing a notepad or using the S Note on my phone or Evernote to remember something.

The things that make me happy have changed; I'm always wanting a blanket; If I am on the couch a blanket I must have...coffee is a must in the mornings; and I am content just hanging out at home...

I hate driving; I cannot stand when people are speeding, and I won't speed up to please you...

I use my granny's saying of "Your legs are younger than mine." all the time to my kids...

Age is something we all do, life cannot go on forever, we just have to make the most of what we have and are able to do...

How do you know your getting old(er)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...