Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Self Confidence


Today has been a very long day; it seems like work is just never done around here. In my spare time today I thought a lot about what makes a person stand out the most...

I meet a lot of people every single day; that's the business I'm in; I'm the person people see when walking through the business doors every single day. I always get compliments from ladies who are part drivers on my makeup and hair, customers always compliment me on my kindness, but yet there are days I just don't feel it.

School is right around the corner here, and as it gets closer the more excited I get; not because my kids are going back but because I know they are excited to go back to their routines, friends, and learning. I started thinking about all the other parents that will dropping off and picking up their little ones each day too, and one person in particular sticks out to me when I think of the car line. There was this lady who had a daughter whom I would guess was in kindergarten this past year, each day I would see her picking her little one up; one most days she seemed frazzled like the rest of us, but her confidence in clothing always amazed me. Now she was not the most beautiful in the world, or the perfect size, or has the right makeup or clothing going for her, but you know what stood out the most to me?! It was her confidence. She did not care what she looked like to anyone, she would wear some of the most outrageous things with a smile on her face and give no care to your opinion.

I watched this woman from my car all the time, I always wondered what she'd wear that day; I remember telling Jim about it once and maybe my mom, but you know, each day with the people I meet the majority of people seem to just not care, their confidence is not based on your opinion. When you have true confidence it shines right out of you...

On most days I don't carry that same confidence, I wish I did. I care a little too much what others think, I'd never let it show, but I do. I get up early and make sure my makeup and hair is done and that I have something presentable on for work. I try my best to be that confident filled person you'll meet when you walk through the door but I have my days like everyone else. Yesterday for example, my hair just wasn't the way I wanted it, and a lot of the time, the weather makes it impossible to have no cares about your wearing...

I feel like if you are confident with yourself, then the rest won't matter; I wish that were true for everyone. I wish people didn't care so much about piddly things and that they were comfortable in their own skin; society makes that nearly impossible though.  I read an article earlier where Ashley Graham said she didn't care what your opinion was on her size, that she is comfortable in her own skin; I wish more women and men would encourage their peers in self confidence because in the end, that is what matters the most, not what so and so said, or society, or the magazine, or movie...you, you matter, how you see yourself matters, who you are matters; regardless of you skin, hair, eyes, size, body type, where you come from, etc...all of it starts by just having confidence in yourself.

What are your thoughts on self confidence? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...